About Me

My photo
I am a born-again Christian, who is Reformed, but also charismatic, spiritually speaking. (I do not speak in tongues, but I believe glossalalia is a bona fide gift not given to all, and not as great as prophecy, for example.) I have several years of college education but only completed a two-year degree. I was raised Lutheran and confirmed, but I didn't "find Christ" until I was in the Army and responded to a Billy Graham crusade in 1973. I was mentored or discipled by the Navigators in the army and upon discharge joined several evangelical, Bible-teaching churches. I was baptized as an infant, but believe in believer baptism, of which I was a partaker after my conversion experience. I believe in the "5 Onlys" of the reformation: sola fide (faith alone); sola Scriptura (Scripture alone); soli Christo (Christ alone), sola gratia (grace alone), and soli Deo gloria (to God alone be the glory). I affirm TULIP as defended in the Reformation.. I affirm most of The Westminster Confession of Faith, especially pertaining to Providence.

Monday, January 26, 2015

PRINCIPLES IN FINDING GOD'S WILL...

1.  LORDSHIP (willingness)   Am I willing to do God's will, whatever it may be?  This is the indispensable foundation for finding His will.  The condition of an enlightened mind is a surrendered will.  Read Rom. 12: 1-2; Luke 9:23; John 7:17.

2.  GOD'S WORD  What principles, commands, and prohibitions apply? has He given me any motivating verses or promises on the subject?  Read John 8:31-32; Pss. 40:8;119:105,130--the Word is the litmus test and it must line up squarely with the Word.

3.  PRAYER  Have I prayed adequately about this?  As  I pray in a certain direction, do I have continued freedom in prayer or lack of it?  Read Phil. 4:6; James 1:5.

4.  MY GOD-GIVEN PRIORITIES, GIFTS, AND CALLING  What gifts and abilities has God given me, and how does He want me to use these to accomplish His purposes in the world?  Read Acts 20:24; Matt. 28:18-20; 1 Cor. 10:31-33;

5.  THE HOLY SPIRIT'S INNER PROMPTINGS  Does He motivate me toward or away from a particular course of action?  Read John 16:13; Gal. 5:16; Isa. 30:21; Ps. 25:14;  Ps. 32:6-8.

6.  GODLY COUNSEL  What is the prayerful counsel of someone who knows me and is somewhat familiar with the factors in the situation?  Am I disregarding or avoiding counsel that I should consider?  Read Prov. 15:22; Prov. 12:15.

7.  PROVIDENTIAL CIRCUMSTANCES  Has God arranged events to give me positive guidance?  or to stop me?  or to slow me down?  Read Rev. 3:7-8; Phil. 1:12-14; Rom. 8:28.  God turns curses into blessings. 

8.  PEACE  Do I have continued inner peace as I consider the above seven factors in prayer?  Or do I experience restlessness, impatience or inner conflict?  Read Isa. 32:17;  Col. 3:15; 1 John 3:21-22.

9.  FAITH  Is now the time to proceed or halt by faith, to respond to the light He has given through one or several of the above principles?  Read Ps. 37:5;  Prov. 3:5-6; 2 Cor. 5:7.

TRUE HAPPINESS CONSISTS IN DOING THE WILL OF GOD WITH A SMILE! (MOTHER TERESA OF CALCUTTA).

THE GREATEST OBSTACLE TO GOD'S WILL IS OUR WILL! THE CONDITION TO FINDING GOD'S WILL IS SURRENDERED WILL.

DAVID FULFILLED ALL OF GOD'S WILL! Acts 13:36

COMMAND:  EPH. 5:17;  GRANTED:  ACTS 22:14; IMPORTANCE:  1 JOHN 5:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment