About Me

My photo
I am a born-again Christian, who is Reformed, but also charismatic, spiritually speaking. (I do not speak in tongues, but I believe glossalalia is a bona fide gift not given to all, and not as great as prophecy, for example.) I have several years of college education but only completed a two-year degree. I was raised Lutheran and confirmed, but I didn't "find Christ" until I was in the Army and responded to a Billy Graham crusade in 1973. I was mentored or discipled by the Navigators in the army and upon discharge joined several evangelical, Bible-teaching churches. I was baptized as an infant, but believe in believer baptism, of which I was a partaker after my conversion experience. I believe in the "5 Onlys" of the reformation: sola fide (faith alone); sola Scriptura (Scripture alone); soli Christo (Christ alone), sola gratia (grace alone), and soli Deo gloria (to God alone be the glory). I affirm TULIP as defended in the Reformation.. I affirm most of The Westminster Confession of Faith, especially pertaining to Providence.

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Judge No Man

It's not our prerogative to judge someone's soul status because we don't have all the facts, and only God sees the invisible heart and motives.  Scripture says to judge nothing before the time (cf. 1 Cor. 4:5), and that means that we are not to condemn each other's ministries because they don't suit our fancy or understanding of doctrine.  Jesus, himself, is the sole authority on the quality of each man's work and will test it whether it stands the test of fire (cf. 1 Cor. 3:12-15), and should be rewarded at the Judgment Seat of Christ. We are to minister as God calls us and let no man judge us but Christ himself.

Someone may say that Christians shouldn't be involved in politics or express worldview, but they are making presumptions that they hold the standard in their hands.  Every Christian is designed to reach out to a different group or category of people, and we are not to look down on someone's ministry because it doesn't have the outreach we think it should have.  For example, take the Christian Motorcyclists Association, an evangelical organization that seeks unity through reaching out to a certain ilk of individuals often looked down upon or misunderstood as rebels.  We are not to say, "Jesus wouldn't drive a Harley!" because we are biased against them.  On the other hand, we should not say, "Jesus wouldn't write an editorial to the paper on politics!"

We have to realize that we are not Jesus, we are only working for Him in the capacity for which the door has been opened.  Jesus wouldn't do this (like smoke, drink, dance, party, watch TV, go to movies, go on vacation--you name it, some people insist they alone know what Jesus is like and they fit the mold!    Everyone is at a different stage and we are not to judge them, for they are the servant of another man as Paul says in Romans 2.  Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment