About Me

My photo
I am a born-again Christian, who is Reformed, but also charismatic, spiritually speaking. (I do not speak in tongues, but I believe glossalalia is a bona fide gift not given to all, and not as great as prophecy, for example.) I have several years of college education but only completed a two-year degree. I was raised Lutheran and confirmed, but I didn't "find Christ" until I was in the Army and responded to a Billy Graham crusade in 1973. I was mentored or discipled by the Navigators in the army and upon discharge joined several evangelical, Bible-teaching churches. I was baptized as an infant, but believe in believer baptism, of which I was a partaker after my conversion experience. I believe in the "5 Onlys" of the reformation: sola fide (faith alone); sola Scriptura (Scripture alone); soli Christo (Christ alone), sola gratia (grace alone), and soli Deo gloria (to God alone be the glory). I affirm TULIP as defended in the Reformation.. I affirm most of The Westminster Confession of Faith, especially pertaining to Providence.

Sunday, April 21, 2019

To See The Truth

This view is not sleazy nor misery,
But you may see no austerity.
And needlessly is missing to me,
The parity that so many see
Elude, because thinkingly, they see
Them unevenly as contumely, or thinkingly
They see amorously--they can't willingly
Give up their debauchery!
Now as I felicitously live lovingly,
As some may never benevolently be;

Only if they could see the blissful tree:

The superseding people have "conqueredly"
Gotten out of the sinewy grasp of the enemy.
To live, you see, is Christ to me;
He isn't pedantic nor astringent, as some see,
Nor "importunely" vigilant as some exaggeratedly
Irk me.  The way we live is not adversity,
Nor calamity but delectably working for unity
Among our Christianity.  I, believingly,
Say it could be foolishly depriving, and dumbly
Stupid not to give the Lord at least a taciturnity.        Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment