About Me

My photo
I am a born-again Christian, who is Reformed, but also charismatic, spiritually speaking. (I do not speak in tongues, but I believe glossalalia is a bona fide gift not given to all, and not as great as prophecy, for example.) I have several years of college education but only completed a two-year degree. I was raised Lutheran and confirmed, but I didn't "find Christ" until I was in the Army and responded to a Billy Graham crusade in 1973. I was mentored or discipled by the Navigators in the army and upon discharge joined several evangelical, Bible-teaching churches. I was baptized as an infant, but believe in believer baptism, of which I was a partaker after my conversion experience. I believe in the "5 Onlys" of the reformation: sola fide (faith alone); sola Scriptura (Scripture alone); soli Christo (Christ alone), sola gratia (grace alone), and soli Deo gloria (to God alone be the glory). I affirm TULIP as defended in the Reformation.. I affirm most of The Westminster Confession of Faith, especially pertaining to Providence.

Saturday, November 14, 2020

What Are The Most Convincing Arguments For God's Existence?...

 

  1. The ontological, cultural, or anthropological argument,, or where did we get this idea from and why do people believe universally; God is not an idea made up.   Do apes build chapels? Do animals pray? God is self-evidentThis ethnological proof, that virtually every tribe, tongue, and people-group has had some belief system concerning God or deity is compelling as circumstantial evidence.; where did they get the idea from, if not God Himself?  
  2. The cosmological or the that nothing happens by itself and nothing can create or cause itself but needs the First Cause: no First Cause means no beginning because infinite regress is impossible; you cannot cross infinity! A beginning (Big Bang) implies a Beginner. God is eternal without beginning, having no cause but being uncaused!
  3. The teleological proof that we see order, harmony, intelligence, purpose, design, and beauty in nature as evidence and this point to the anthropological principle or that there appears to be designed in nature (it is fine-tuned for life), and this may be called the argument from design; design only implies a Designer; order implies an Orderer, purpose a Purposer, and intelligence an Ultimate Mind.
  4. The moral argument or that it seems that we have morals and there must be justice for that to make sense. Where did we get our conscience from?  This implies a Judge or Judgment Day. God seems to care a lot about right and wrong and has given man a moral code, compass, or conscience to be culpable. Morals make no sense without a Judge or God to make them universal.   God must be the moral center of the universe and standard of Good as Plato called Him, the Supreme Good.   Morals then imply a moral Lawgiver; also, how can you believe in justice without a Judge?  

No comments:

Post a Comment