About Me

My photo
I am a born-again Christian, who is Reformed, but also charismatic, spiritually speaking. (I do not speak in tongues, but I believe glossalalia is a bona fide gift not given to all, and not as great as prophecy, for example.) I have several years of college education but only completed a two-year degree. I was raised Lutheran and confirmed, but I didn't "find Christ" until I was in the Army and responded to a Billy Graham crusade in 1973. I was mentored or discipled by the Navigators in the army and upon discharge joined several evangelical, Bible-teaching churches. I was baptized as an infant, but believe in believer baptism, of which I was a partaker after my conversion experience. I believe in the "5 Onlys" of the reformation: sola fide (faith alone); sola Scriptura (Scripture alone); soli Christo (Christ alone), sola gratia (grace alone), and soli Deo gloria (to God alone be the glory). I affirm TULIP as defended in the Reformation.. I affirm most of The Westminster Confession of Faith, especially pertaining to Providence.

Monday, April 19, 2021

What Are Your Experiences With The Holy Spirit?

 What are your experiences of the Holy Spirit?

The following examples are what I’ve realized through my walk with Christ just as the Bible says and can personally vouch for. The Spirit has several ministries that we experience. Primarily, He is the inspiration of Scripture and we can feel inspired to compose or write poetry, songs, stories, music, sermons, all to glorify God similarity though not to the degree of the inspiration of Scripture.

Upon reading the Bible the Spirit opens the eyes of our hearts to wonderful things in the Word and to see Jesus in the words; this may also apply to have many kinds of illumination or enlightenment to us and give us insight into spiritual matters that the carnal mind cannot know.

The Spirit convicts us of sin and leads us to repent as we become aware of and able to confess and be restored. The Spirit doesn't condemn nor accuse but shows us our sin..

The Spirit intercedes and translates sour feeble prayers into words God can know and we cannot. We pray in the power of the Spirit!

The Spirit is the One who opens and closes doors to minister the gospel.

And especially we are led by the Spirit to walk with Christ by faith. The more we grow in Christ, the more we can realize this as real.

The fruit of the Spirit is evident in our lives by obedience and confession and we grow these fruit—they are not automatic. The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Spirit.

The function of the Spirit is especially to fill us and to control our actions. But to charismatics, who point out and stress that the purpose of the Spirit, the purpose is to grant spiritual gifts severally as He will. Fruits are automatic and given, not grown like fruit.

Still today, the Spirit speaks expressly to us by the Word and even through other believers about signs of the times in fulfilling prophecy for example.

All of the above activities of the Spirit are because He baptizes all believers in Christ and bestows these gifts and whereby we are regenerated or born again.   Soli Deo Gloria! 

No comments:

Post a Comment